ASB-2023 Congress& Workshop
America’s School Bus Congress brings together school bus teams, district and transportation planning administrators, technology services professionals, school site staff, student transportation experts, industry and thought leaders to exchange ideas and examine key case studies on how to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of student transportation. ASBC-2023 is a focused meeting around providing a mix of education, professional and technical training for student transportation staff at all levels.
The 3-day Congress will review has been learned in transportation, planning, organization, and staffing including best practices presented by districts, schools and industry, providing transportation professionals, with “action tools” to help improve participants’ skills development with their plans for
vehicle acquisition and maintenance, operations, management and accountability.
Presentations and Panel Discussions: Solutions to Common Challenges
If you are a Superintendent, Facilities Director, District/School Procurement, or a Project Planner, join your colleagues at this premier school bus event. Hear from the experts, catch up with colleagues and friends, and share your perspectives on:
- Leveraging Ridership Data to Contain or Reduce Transportation Costs
- Effective Transportation Operations Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Best Practices: School Bus Routing and Scheduling.
- Best Practices, Internal Controls:
- Accident Procedures.
- Incident Procedures.
- Breakdown Procedures.
- Transportation-related Student Behavior Issues.
- Transporting Students with Disabilities.
- Private Vehicle Transportation.
- Emergency Transportation.
- Communication Plan: Interruptions of Service School Buses.
- Private use of District Fuel.
- Best Practices: Training.
- Driver background and record-check compliance.
- Diesel Emissions Reduction Act.
- School Bus Occupant Protection Systems.
- Legal Issues: Contractors.
- Fossil Fuel Buses Health Effects.
- Alternatively-Fueled Buses.
- Cost Benefit Analysis: Electric Bus Compared to a Traditional Bus
- Alt-Fuel: Propane.
- Electric Bus: Bus-2-Grid.
- Electric Bus Cost Offset: Available State Funds, Grants & Rebate Opportunities.
- Electric Bus: Fuel & Maintenance Savings.
- Electric Bus: Health Benefits.
- Electric Bus Infrastructure.
- Monitoring eBuses: Lesson Learned.
In addition to attending the educational conference sessions, you will be able to:
- Meet with your peers and colleagues from other districts, schools and campuses coming from across the country and confronting similar challenges.
- Discuss your hot issues, including operational weaknesses and other vulnerabilities with your peers and colleagues who can share their own experience.
- Create a comprehensive training program for all contract and student transportation staff.
- Learn 360˚ student transportation, including operations, management, and accountability.
- Learn how to leverage ridership data to contain or reduce transportation by consolidating and eliminating bus routes, eliminating buses or equalizing loads.
- Define performance measures and identify the required skills, professional development and support for your transportation teams and rethink roles and practices, including KPIs and best practices for all staff including managers and supervisors accountability for delivering these
- Learn best practices in developing long term performance plans, including annual quantifiable goals and objectives, performance measures, accountabilities, targets, metrics, and timelines to achieve longer-term objectives.
- Learn best practices to improve district’s management of student transportation contracts and discover the most common mistakes districts make with pupil transportation contracts.
- Learn new routing tools including best practices in testing operational scenarios of all new routes and bus stops to ensure student safety and security, and operational efficiencies.
- Learn how to establish and disseminate policies that assign roles, responsibilities and identify procedures.
- Learn How to locate available funds and rebates for your electric bus purchases
- Learn new strategies and best routing practices used to increase bus occupancy, and lower cost per mile and student.
- Meet and build relationships with pupil transportation leaders who have
extensive experience in transportation operations to share best practices and how to overcome common challenges.
- Interact with your peers with extensive exposure to pupil transportation to gain first hand insight from those facing similar real-world challenges and issues to yours.
- Meet with student transportation stakeholders and knowledgeable representatives from top solution providers to help you select and evaluate realworld solutions.
- Find out what key specific skills and competencies needed and identify the key challenges and organizational barriers for your student transportation staff.
- Participate in forums with pupil transportation experts and make your voice heard in an interactive dynamic environment.
Who Should Attend?
School transportation professionals responsible for managing student transportation programs, including school bus fleets maintenance, procurement and budget management, school bus inspection, safety and driver education programs, routing and scheduling, accident Investigations, and student transportation
program planning and evaluation.
The conference is aimed at school transportation teams, from federal, state, district, school, Bureau of Indian Education (BIE), and Department of Defense Dependents Schools (DODEA), including:
- Director of Transportation Services.
- Director of Fleet Maintenance.
- Director of Vehicle Services.
- Director Facilities.
- Chief Operations Officer.
- Operations Manager.
- Maintenance Supervisor/Manager.
- School Board member.
- Purchasing Manager.
- Field Lead Supervisor
- Driver Trainer.
- Bus Driver.
- Fleet Managers.
- Fleet Operator.
- Transportation Manager.
- Contracting Services Manager.
- Transportation Analyst.
- Transportation Specialist.
- Transportation Call Center Supervisor
- Logistics Director.